Friday, 9 August 2013

Snow, and Brumbies and Caves... Oh My!

We camped in a wondeful campsite last night, that was just us- No one else! It was on the banks of Blowering Dam and we met the local native Kangaroos, of which there was alot.

The today we packed up and drove from Tumut to Old Adaminaby township... which so far is populated by a caravan park, and a shop.

On the drive, we stopped in at Yarrangobilly Caves. The caves were immense, and I only got a little claustrophobic when the stairs turned into steps that you usually find on board ships.
We also spent some time at Tumut 3, which was this colosal Hydro station that had pipes that were 5.5m in diameter... too big!

Today, at about 1pm was the first time ever that I've touched snow... I'm not ashamed to say that I was frolicking. But before that, we'd pulled off the side of the road so that I could indeed frolic, when I saw a little black head pop up above the grass and it then stood up. To my delight there stood a Brumby, in the flesh. So, I proceeded to walk toward it, and it towards me until we were about 2 metres from each other. It never got cranky I was there, but I must've smelled too human for its liking, because it then slowly meandered away.
I don't think I stopped smiling for about half an hour!

Tomorrow we're headed towards Cooma, because Dave wants to go and see a Snow Education Centre, and learn more about Hydro power (Of which he already knows too much about)









posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment